If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to experience both professional and personal growth, Dimmitt Automotive Group is the place for you! We are proud to promote a work environment that celebrates the value of each team member and their endless contribution to the continued success of Dimmitt Automotive Group. When you become a part of Dimmitt Automotive Group, you become a part of the Dimmitt family and its Legacy. The Dimmitt family has built generations of loyal clients and associates throughout the Central Gulf Coast area. We welcome you to join in our mission to improve the quality of life for our associates, our guests, and the community through service, excellence, and innovation.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are our sole intellectual property. Upon receipt of your responses, we will evaluate your submission. If selected for a personal interview, you will receive an email/text with scheduling instructions.
Director of Human Resources
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your email bulk or spam folders.
Dimmitt is currently seeking experienced a JLR Service Technicians. The JLR Service Technician services and repairs vehicles as assigned by management following all established standards and procedures. The role is focused on customer satisfaction, loyalty, and profitability of the department. In addition, he or she may be assigned to conduct pre-delivery service on new vehicles to ensure excellent working order for the customer.
You must hold a verifiable certification at the Expert level or above (Master Technicians receive top tier). We are willing to consider someone without the Expert or Master certifications if they have at least 4 ASEs (Automotive Service Excellence) certifications. We will train you to get to the next level.
Possible sign on bonus for an experienced Working Shop Foreman/Technician.
- Diagnoses issues based on experience, analysis, and testing
- Performs routine service inspections or tests and completes standard maintenance jobs
- Repairs vehicles as assigned
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicles while performing service or repairs
- Ensures that required documentation is complete and is in compliance with regulations and standards
- Helps maintain shop appearance and safety standards and ensures the shop runs in an efficient manner by performing duties such as inventory stocking and other general functions
- Follows all shop policy, procedure, safety, and environmental rules
- Attends meetings, trainings, and educational classes as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Post-secondary automotive training, certification or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 year of luxury dealer-level experience preferred
- ASE certification required
- Broad scope of automotive mechanical/electrical knowledge
- Unrestricted driver’s license and clean driving record
- Able to drive both automatic and standard-transmission vehicles
- Good communication, customer service, and problem solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress
- Highly professional and dependable
- Safety and customer service oriented
- Basic computer and internet skills
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift heavy objects as needed
- Excellent work history
- 2-4 years Land Rover Automotive Technician experience required.
- References available upon request
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Life, LTD and STD Insurance
- Discounts on Vehicle Purchases and Parts and Service
- Closed on Sundays
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation