If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to experience both professional and personal growth, Dimmitt Automotive Group is the place for you! We are proud to promote a work environment that celebrates the value of each team member and their endless contribution to the continued success of Dimmitt Automotive Group. When you become a part of Dimmitt Automotive Group, you become a part of the Dimmitt family and its Legacy. The Dimmitt family has built generations of loyal clients and associates throughout the Central Gulf Coast area. We welcome you to join in our mission to improve the quality of life for our associates, our guests, and the community through service, excellence, and innovation.
We are currently looking for a Controller to join our Cadillac, Jaguar, Land Rover, Aston Martin, Bentley, Rolls-Royce, McLaren and Audi leadership team . If you have experience in a key role in automotive retail accounting, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
Dimmitt Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are our sole intellectual property. Upon receipt of your responses, we will evaluate your submission. If selected for a personal interview, you will receive an email/text with scheduling instructions.
Director of Human Resources
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your email bulk or spam folders.
The Controller reports to the CFO and manages the accounting operations of the business. The Controller maintains an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, ensure the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and maximize profit. In addition, the Controller develops periodic financial reports that comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
The ideal candidate has a degree in Accounting or Business Administration and at least three years of experience in a position of similar responsibility. The candidate must be detail-oriented, analytical, strategic, and proficient with accounting systems and software and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Prepares and analyzes financial statements and monthly reports
- Oversees vendor management and outsourcing
- Maintains an orderly accounting system
- Oversees accounts payable/receivable
- Completes periodic bank reconciliations
- Issues timely and complete financial statements
- Complies with local, state, and federal reporting requirements and tax filings
- Establishes and maintains guidelines for the extension of credit terms to guests
- Provides daily operating control report
- Maintain effective cash management system
- Ensure accounting staff is cross trained
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors
- Processes insurance claims and liability insurance
- Report significant budget variances to the CFO
- College degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Two years of automotive dealership experience required
- Certified Public Accountants preferred
- Strong computer and internet skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with CDK Drive preferred
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact professionally with guests, vendors, and staff
- Ability to deal with confidential information appropriately
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects and duties simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail and interest in accuracy
- Highly professional and dependable
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to speak effectively in front of large and small groups
- Ability to manage a team of associates.
- Full Group Insurance Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life, LTD and STD Insurance
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Discounts on Vehicle Purchases and Parts and Service
- Family Oriented and Life-Balanced Work Environment
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in Community
- Paid Vacation